Business Institutions must respond to the identified needs of business, industry and public organization not in the present context but more so in the context of an uncertain but glorious future. Here at Faculty of Business Administration, USTC, we are engaged in the task of creating a new management paradigm where management is being constantly remodeled to meet the emerging challenges of the let century.
The nation has embraced a new century: the century of globalization and diversity. As such, the nation needs a new generation for leadership, a generation with a sound vision and mission, a generation with human skills, creativity and aptitude for teamwork, and the ability to perform their duties with updated technical knowledge and managerial skills and a group of talents ready to face the most challenging issues. EMBA Programme has been designed in such a way that it will produce graduates with a good working knowledge of all core business skills together with the ability to manage creatively from a strategic perspective within the context of ethical standards and value system. It is appropriate for those working in private or public or MN enterprises. This programme is targeted at ambitious self-driven executives, who intend to prepare themselves for top echelon management careers. USTC plans to specialize in innovating the programme effective for our young and energetic professionals as well as aspiring executives. Nevertheless, this programme is expected to develop in the participants a holistic vision for executive leadership.
Objectives of EMBA Programme are:
- To provide a new avenue to full-time executives to pursue an MBA Programme on a part-time basis;
- To create avenues for the executives to interface and exchange ideas and knowledge with academics, professionals, and management personnel of the corporate organizations in Bangladesh;
- To provide the qualified executives a strong foundation in the concepts, principles and techniques of modern business administration;
- To produce a new generation of managerial leaders capable of coping with ever-changing business and economic world and redressing the emerging challenges of 21 st century.
Special Features of EMBA Programme
- Classes are held during weekends ie Thursday evening and Friday.
- Books/ Course materials are supplied to the students.
- Practising managers can pursue EMBA programme on part-time basis;
- Resource persons possessing high professional and academic backgrounds from home and abroad are selected for EMBA programme;
- This programme offered at competitively low cost within the affordable limit of practising managers;
- Modern teaching equipment and materials are used for conducting the courses;
- Participative classes, seminars and case study methods are used to facilitate the learning process;
- Teachers’ efficiency rating by the students is practised for evaluation of the teachers’ performance.
- Credit transfer facilities to foreign universities are available for the deserving candidates;
- Integration of theory and practical learning is made to make learning effective.
Programme Structure and Duration
The programme comprises of three semesters spanning over 1 year. Each semester would be of 4 month duration and there would be 3 semesters in a calendar year in EMBA programme
lst Semester - January to April
2nd Semester - May to August
3rd Semester - September to December.
Normally 5 courses will be offered in each semester. Classes will be held on Thursday & Friday. Each course will have a 3-hour lecture per week, therefore, there would be 15 hours lecture per month.
Examination will be conducted during the semester and will be followed by inter-semester break. The academic schedule of each semester would be as follows
Lecture - 4 weeks
lst term examination - 1 week
Lecture - 4 weeks
Mid-term examination - 5 weeks
Lecture - 5 weeks
Final examination - 1 week
Inter semester break - 1 week.
Executive MBA is a prestigious post-graduate academic programme of USTC under Faculty of Business Administration. To run the programme effectively and efficiently there is a committee named ’EMBA Coordination Committee'. The committee is comprised of 5 members including Convenor who are nominated by the Faculty. There will be a Secretary who will ensure the smooth conduct of the programme as per the decisions of the committee. The Dean of the faculty, who is ex-officio member of the committee, performs the task of academic management of the programme.
Admission & Fees Structure
Entry to the EMBA programme requires the following
- Graduate or Equivalent Degree from recognized university
- A minimum of 2 years relevant post-qualification experience
- A working knowledge of the English language
- Satisfactory score in the EMBA admission test (written & oral).
Validity of Admission
Successful candidates shall be eligible for admission in the year in which they pass the test. Registration for the programme shall be valid for two years from the date of admission.
After passing the admission test for EMBA programme a student should complete an admission form. To do so he/she will require to show the original copies of his/ her academic certificates, mark sheets and work certificate.